Merton Garage was opened by the LGOC in 1913. One of London Transports largest garages, it was the main home for the fleet of austerity Daimlers of both highbridge and lowbridge varieties. In the fifties RTs were allocated as well as RLHs and RFs. Routemasters, Merlins, Swifts and DMSs were allocated during the seventies.
The rather small entranceoriginally had three openings with the left hand intermediate pillar later being removed. Either of these variants can be built.lt measures approximately 9" wide by 5" deep.